PAEDIATRIC DENTISTRY IN CHATSWOOD
If you have children, you most likely are aware of the importance of early detection and treatment of any type of dental condition.
The first dental appointment should take place right around your child’s first birthday so that he or she becomes familiar with routine dental care as early as possible. In fact, the earlier that we begin to see your child, the more comfortable he or she will feel when they visit our office.
Years ago, no one believed that paediatric dentistry was even necessary – after all they’re not called “baby teeth” for nothing. However, today the staff at Station Dental knows the importance of beginning proper oral health care as early as possible to establish good oral hygiene habits and to save small problems becoming larger and more costly ones.
At Station Dental, we will educate both you and your child about the importance of:
● Proper oral hygiene during pregnancy – for you and for your developing baby.
● Caring for baby teethto foster good habits and to protect secondary teeth.
● Bringing in baby for a first dental visit and maintaining a proper oral hygiene
schedule to prevent tooth decay from occurring in the first place.
● Addressing tooth decay, even in baby teeth.
● Fillings for baby teethand the need for crowns, if required.
● Maintaining the spacefor a permanent tooth when a baby tooth falls out prematurely.
● Correcting any tooth that is chippedor broken.
● Special appliances that prevent your child from grinding his/her teethwhile they sleep.
● Preventive orthodonticsthat can help to minimize the need for
more extensive and costly future orthodontic care.
● Consulting an orthodontist when we determine that an orthodontist consultis necessary.